“Wafers” or “crisps” are those flat thin slices of potato fried to give immense happiness to your taste buds. It’s a everyday thing now being loved all over the world. It can be eaten as anytime snack. You are hungry in college, office, home just grab your wafer pack. If you are hungry in midnight, just eat the wafers to chill the craving your tummy gives out to you. Have you ever wondered that where did these amazing everyday crisps come from? Here are a few facts.
• Potato chips or wafers are believed to be made in 1853, but got famous only when they were mass produced in 1920s.
• March 14th is Potato Chip Day!
• The wafer packs are partially filled with wafers for 2 reasons. The “air” is not the air we breath in but it’s nitrogen which avoids the chips to react with other gases and thus the chips remain fresh for a long time. The other reason is that the air avoids breakage.
• There is no particular reason why the wafers are served with Burgers, and sandwiches. It’s just a combination which goes well together. Wafers add the crisp to Burgers and sandwiches .
• The all new Panino wafers are crispier now. Get a wafer pack complimentary with every sandwich or burger
So when are you grabbing your own pack of Panino wafer?